Digital and Social Media Communication — Task 3: Campaign Proposal, Content Calendar & Key Visual Design

04.06.2026 - 20.07.2026 / Week 8 — Week 14

Chan Zhi-Ren Zenndan / 0369069

Digital and Social Media Communication / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media / Taylor's University

Task 3: Campaign Proposal, Content Calendar & Key Visual Design


Table of Contents

    1. Instructions

    2. Process

    3. Reflection


1. Instructions

Fig 1.0 Module Information Booklet

Task 3: Campaign Proposal, Content Calendar & Key Visual Design

For Task 3, students are required to translate research from their Task 1 brand study and Task 2 user persona findings into a comprehensive August 2026 Social Media Campaign Proposal.

Designed to bridge strategic insight and visual execution, this task challenges groups to develop a full 5 phase content calendar spanning awareness through retention, produce a series of visually cohesive campaign key visuals, and deliver a formal pitch deck.

Each team member must create multi-platform designs adhering to a unified brand system by aligning typography, color palettes, and storyline messaging to present a realistic, audience driven campaign proposal to panel judges.


2. Process

We started off by discussing what our campaign plans to do. Our proposal details a month-long social media campaign for Loka Made titled "Drawn From Here" (#DrawnFromHere), scheduled to run from 1 August to 31 August 2026 across Instagram and TikTok.

The title plays on a double meaning: "drawn" highlights Loka Made’s signature illustrated artwork, while "from here" emphasizes its deep Malaysian roots.

  • The Problem: Loka Made’s existing social presence targets current fans, creating a clarity gap for new visitors who struggle to understand what the brand offers or how to make a purchase.

  • The Goal: Drive brand discovery, improve brand clarity, and incentivize first-time purchases among 18–30-year-olds (Gen Z and young working adults in Malaysia) while providing clear purchasing paths for design-conscious gift seekers.

Our content pillars are split according to the following:

  • Education / Value (40%): Clarifies brand story, product origin, and illustration craftsmanship through carousels and Behind-The-Scenes (BTS) videos.

  • Engagement (30%): Encourages community interaction through interactive story polls and the #DrawnFromHere User-Generated Content (UGC) photo challenge.

  • Activation / Conversion (30%): Provides clear calls to action (CTAs), pricing, product feature reels, and store location guides to drive online and footfall traffic.

The August campaign execution roadmap progresses across five strategic phases, moving from initial introduction and education to engagement, activation, and campaign closing. To see our detailed roadmap of our design postings, see Fig 2.0 for a comprehensive look at our social media calendar, where the tasks and designs are also listed to show who is responsible for designing which post.

Fig 2.0 Final Social Media Calendar

Once we have finalised our calendar, we divided the workload evenly. Fig 2.1 shows what posts we are in charge of.

Fig 2.1 Dividing workload

To start, I began doing research on what theme Loka Made usually incorporate in their designs. I found what makes their identity stand out is the use of primary colors like red, blue, yellow, and green, and that they use regular shapes throughout their posts. See Fig 2.2 for a reference.

Fig 2.2 Loka Made's uses of shapes and colors

Since I was in charge of the education side of the campaign, I wanted to try something different from what Loka Made usually posts.

As shown in Fig 2.3, their usual style leads with the product itself alongside small supporting text. Personally, I view the first slide of a carousel as a thumbnail, something meant to draw viewers in. However, in the figure below, none of the posts make you want to click because they feel too messy. To solve this, I plan to design the first slide as a hook before eventually educating the audience on what the post is trying to convey.

Fig 2.3 Loka Made's posts layout

Since my educational carousel explains how Loka Made differs from generic souvenirs, I looked for stock photos of tourists browsing souvenirs. This sets the theme of the post and encourages viewers to swipe to the next slide.

Fig 2.4 1st slide of carousel

Then, I brought in another stock photo of a specific souvenir (postcard) and explain a little more of what the post is trying to say.

Fig 2.5 2nd slide of carousel

Then the third post should be much clearer, explaining who Loka Made is and where viewers can find them.

Fig 2.6 3rd slide of carousel

And to close it off, I picked out three item types Loka Made is known for, and featured them neatly while keeping everything in theme. This is where the name of the campaign will appear as well, with the bold Drawn From Here.

Fig 2.7 4th slide of carousel

As you can see throughout the 4 slides, I made sure to incorporate the colors and shapes I had identified earlier. I also placed some shapes in between each slide to represent movement in between each swipe. Fig 2.8 shows my artboards in Illustrator.

Fig 2.8 Artboards in Illustrator

With that, I sent the design to my group leader so that it can be checked for progression by Mr. Max. Fig 2.9 shows his feedback. He liked the direction I was going for but the design had to match the other designs of my groupmates.

Fig 2.9 Feedback on our designs

To solve this, I informed my group of what font, colors, and shapes I used.

Fig 2.10 Adjusting for consistency

After a few minor adjustments to the carousel, I moved on to the other design I was responsible for, which is an interactive poll story post, letting audience pick between 2 states for the next product line.

To maintain visual consistency between the designs, I kept the aesthetic of the carousel post and just incorporated it into a story format.

I also found a way to represent Loka Made's drawing/illustration identity by using the Scribble effect in the designs. See Fig 2.11 to see what I mean.

Fig 2.11 Scribble effect
 
Then, I attached a story poll graphic to give an idea of what the post would look like. 

Fig 2.12 Adding poll

Final Designs for A02 & A04

Fig 2.13 A02 Final

Fig 2.14 A04 Final

Once we had finished our designs, we began compiling everything into our final presentation. Fig 2.15 shows our slides (you can see my groupmates' designs there).
Fig 2.15 Final slides

3. Reflection

For this final task, it was a fun experience learning more about Loka Made's posts and how they are structured. Going through the social media calendar seemed complicated at first since there was so much to read, but ultimately, it is all about setting a clear idea for what the campaign is trying to achieve. We had to look at Loka Made's current gaps and build on them by coming up with this campaign.

As for the design stage, it was great to take a direction Loka Made has never explored before, especially in terms of storytelling and how the first post grabs attention. The feedback from Mr. Max also helped us narrow down a visual direction so that all our designs could stay consistent with one another. Overall, it was a fun task, even if it was quite time-consuming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brand Corporate Identity

Publishing Design

Advanced Interactive Design — Task 1: Thematic Interactive Website Proposal